The following guidelines apply to coupons accepted at Dollar General:
- Be original - no photocopies.
- Have a scan-able barcode.
- Have an expiration date printed on the coupon.
- Clearly state “Manufacturers Coupon” or “Dollar General Store Coupon”.
- "Cash Back" will not be issued if the the coupon amount is more than the price of the item.
- Coupons that fail to scan or have an invalid promotional code.
- Expired Coupons.
- Coupons for products not sold at Dollar General.
- Free item coupons if printed from the Internet, unless a purchase is required (example: a “buy one, get one free” is acceptable).
- Coupons from other retailers or coupons that may be used only at other retailers.
You may use a Dollar General coupon along with a manufacturer’s coupon for the same item, as long as the coupon does not state otherwise.
Coupon policies can change without notice. To see the most current Dollar General coupon policy, visit the Dollar General Coupon Policy page.