The coupon policy below is current, but Albertsons may change the policy at any time without notice. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption.
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Products must match the qualifiers listed on the coupon.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed more than once.
- All coupons must be original- no photocopies.
- Albertsons does not accept competitor coupons.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Expired coupons are not accepted.
- One store coupon and one manufacturer coupon can be used on the same item.
- The dollar value of coupons offering "free" products cannot be more than the item.
- Bounce-back coupons or coupons good on the "next or future visits" cannot be used in the transaction that generated the coupon. It can be redeemed in a separate transaction.
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value (before coupons) of the item(s) purchased.
- Albertsons reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
Using Manufacturer Coupons at AlbertsonsAlbertsons adheres to all manufacturer redemption guidelines.
Manufacturer coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will have the remaining amount applied to the balance of the transaction. In the event a transaction balance results in a "credit", additional items can be added to the order to utilize the remaining value of the coupon. They do not provide any "cash back" on coupons, however they will provide full redemption value which can be used to purchase additional items before finalizing the transaction.
Using Internet Printable Coupons at AlbertsonsAlbertsons accepts internet coupons under the following conditions:
- Coupons must have a scan-able UPC bar code.
- Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
- Coupons must clearly state "Manufacturers Coupon" on the coupon and contain a valid manufacture address.
Albertsons does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
- Free product without a required purchase.
- A redemption value that exceeds $5.00.
- The absence of a clear and scan-able UPC bar code.
- Same serial numbers. Tnternet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number of coupons that can be printed from same computer.
- The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
Buy One, Get One FreeAlbertsons Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) promotions can be combined with Buy One, Get One Free manufacturer coupons to result in both items being free.
Store Coupons and PromotionsAlbertsons offers store coupons in various forms including print, electronic, newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and company websites.
Rain checks for store coupons will be given out as long as the store coupon does not state on it "while supplies last".
Store coupons may require that the discount applies to Preferred/Loyalty/Rewards Card use.
Twice the Value store coupons (see below) can only be used in combination with a $1.00 or less manufacturer coupon.
Albertsons allows manufacturer coupons that state they cannot be "doubled" to be used in conjunction with a Twice the Value store coupon.
Market Basket Coupons
- Can be provided via US mail or email.
- Can be used in transactions where manufacturer coupons have been used since it is for total purchase.
- May be stackable according to guidance in ad/redemption guidelines.
- Must meet minimum purchase requirement after all other valid coupons and customer card discounts have been applied.
Catalina Coupons/RebatesCatalina coupons are triggered by purchasing qualified items at checkout which generate a coupon to print on the Catalina printer.
Albertsons offers three types of Catalina coupons:
1. Manufacturer "cents off" - common type frequently distributed
2. Store Coupon - clearly states "store coupon" in title (cannot be combined with Twice The Value)
3. Market Basket - earned from prior purchase and not associated with an item, but rather the purchase.
It is Albertsons' policy that these coupons are to be used in a future purchase, not within the purchase in which they are generated. ("next purchase" is defined as a separate transaction)
Catalina coupons are non-transferable. If a customer does not want the issued Catalina coupons, it is Albertsons' policy that store associates should destroy them immediately.
Twice the Value CouponsPeriodically Albertsons gives "Twice The Value" (TTV) coupons to shoppers. These are done on a promotional basis and are not announced in advance for competitive reasons.
TTV store coupons can only be used in combination with a $1.00 or less manufacturer coupon.
"Do not Double" manufacturer coupons can be used with TTV coupons as long as they meet the other redemption requirements.
TTV coupons are store coupons and cannot be paired with another store coupon on an item. For example: Cheese is listed as $3.99 on an in-ad store coupon. Customer can use a manufacturer coupon with this, but not a TTV coupon
Coupon Policy Changes Coupon policies can change without notice. For the most current policy visit the Albertson's website.