Serves four at $1.47 per serving
This salad is a light alternative to heavy, mayo-laden pasta side dishes and very budget friendly.
- Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe below) or similar bottled dressing
- 1 lb. frozen Mama’s Home Style 5-Cheese Tortellini
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh Broccoli, chopped
- 3 medium Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
2. Add broccoli to pot with pasta and cook just until pasta is al dente, about one minute more. Drain immediately.
3. Rinse pasta and broccoli in very cold water until completely cooled. Drain thoroughly.
4. Combine pasta and broccoli with rest of vegetables in large bowl.
5. Prepare vinaigrette according to recipe. Add to pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/3 cup. Toss to coat.
6. Chill overnight.
7. Bring to room temperature before serving and drizzle with reserved vinaigrette.
Dijon Vinaigrette RecipeIngredients:
- 3/8 cup Wesson Canola Oil
- 3/8 cup Rozzano Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Land O’Lakes Half and Half
- 1 tsp. McCormick Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
Pulse in blender or whisk until thoroughly combined.