Double Coupon PolicyAnother great plus about Publix is that they double coupons in several stores. Most of the Publix stores in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee offer double coupons, but not Florida.
The double coupon policy is valid for manufactuers' coupons with a face value of $0.50 or less. Store and competitor's coupons are not doubled. As of now there is no limit on the number of identical manufactuers' coupons that will be doubled, although Publix does reserve the right to place limits if they feel it is necessary.
Publix will not double manufacturer coupons that state, "do not double."
Below is the complete list of polices for using coupons at Publix.
Publix accepts the following coupons:
- Manufacturers' coupons.
- Publix store coupons.
- Internet printed coupons.
- Coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only.
- Expired coupons are not accepted.
- Percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons are not accepted.
- Only coupons for identical merchandise that are sold at Publix will be accepted. The exception to this is for coupons on competitor's store brands. (See below)
- Acceptance of any coupon is subject to any restrictions on the coupon.
- Manager approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.00.
- Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor coupon per order. The order total must be equal to or greater than the total purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented.
- Only original coupons are accepted. Photo copies of coupons are not accepted.
- Publix reserves the right to limit quantities of items purchased using coupons.
When using buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) coupons, Publix considers each item as a separate sale. They will accept a manufacturers' coupons and either a Publix or a competitor coupon on the same item.
Near-by Competitor's Coupons
- Publix accepts coupons from competitors that are physically located near to the store. Competitors are listed by each Publix store. Shoppers can find the names of the stores posted at each Publix store.
- Competitor's coupons for dollars off the total purchase are subject to any restrictions on the coupon. For example, if a coupon states that a $40.00 purchase must be met after all other coupons and discounts have been applied and that it is not valid on purchases of stamps, gift cards, alcohol or tobacco products, Publix will redeem the coupon under the same restrictions.
- Publix accepts buy-one-get-one free and buy one get two free coupons from competitors if they are for identical merchandise Publix sells.
- When a competitor's coupon indicates that the customer must present their retailer rewards card to use the coupon Publix will honor the coupon if they meet the other purchase requirements on the coupons.
- Publix accepts a competitor's coupon for a private label item. The Publix brand product will substitute the competitor's private label item.
- Competitor's coupon offering free store gift cards when a specified item is purchased are accepted at Publix. Customers will receive a Publix gift card if they carry the identical items.
- A manufacturer's and a Publix or competitor coupon can be used for one item. A Publix store coupon, competitor coupon, and manufacturer’s coupon cannot be used on one item.
- Only one manufacturer's coupon can be used per item, regardless of where the coupon came from.
- When a dollar-off coupon specifies that that a purchase of two or more items must be purchased to receive the savings, Publix does not allow for additional manufacturer's coupons to be used for the items.
- For example, when the manufacturer issues a "$1 off the purchase of two items" coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. Therefore, a coupon has already been applied to both items. This is because the customer had to purchase both items to meet the coupon's requirements. This also applies to buy-one-get-one manufacturers' coupons.
- Publix registers will not accept more coupons than items purchased without a manager's approval.
Rain Checks and Coupons
If a customer presents a rain check and a coupon for an item and the coupon is now expired, but was valid on the date the rain check was issued, Publix will still accept the coupon.
Note: Coupon policies can change without notice. Please visit Publix.com for the most current revisions.
Updated July 2012.