Fred Meyer Coupon PolicyFred Meyer states that one coupon policy cannot apply to all coupons that are available to shoppers, therefore the coupon policy that they have is only a guideline that applies to most coupon situations.
Fred Meyer Store Managers can accept, decline or limit the use of any coupon. The coupon policy is also subject to change at any time. With that in mind, shoppers may want to get questionable coupons approved before shopping.
General Coupon Guidelines
- Fred Meyer accepts coupons from Fred Meyer ads, mailers, flyers, emails, websites and in-store displays.
- Coupons must be presented during checkout to receive the coupon price.
- Expired coupons are not accepted.
- If the coupon amount goes over the final cost of an item then the coupon amount may be adjusted to match that cost. This policy applies to both the current price of the item or after discounts or other coupons have been deducted.
- Fred Meyer does not double or triple coupons.
- Coupons cannot be combined with certain special pricing programs, including $4 and $10 generic prescription pricing in our pharmacy.
Fred Meyer accepts all valid, current manufacturers' coupons.
- A limit of five manufacturer's coupons can be used on multiple purchases of an item in the same transaction.
- Only one manufacturer's coupon will be applied per item.
- Manufacturers' coupons that are valid only at another listed store (i.e., "Good only at Safeway") are not accepted. The exception to this is with Catalina checkout coupons (see below).
Coupons from other retailers or coupons that may be used only at other retailers are not accepted. The exception to this is when shopping with pharmacy coupons from competitors. This is the only competitor's coupons that Fred Meyer accepts.
Buying Multiple Items With Coupons
When buying multiples of an item, no more than five manufacturer's coupons for that item will be accepted in the same transaction, and only one manufacturer's coupon can be applied to each item.
Fred Meyer coupons will state any limitations and or restrictions. Some of these are Fred Meyer store coupons and some are manufacturer's coupons. The coupon will state if it is a manufacturer's coupon.
Catalina Checkout Coupons
Catalina coupons that are printed with another retailer's name may be accepted at Fred Meyer.
Note: This only applies to Catalina coupons and not to other manufacturer's coupons that are designated as valid for use at a specified store.
- Fred Meyer accepts valid, current print-at-home Internet coupons, including those sent to you in Fred Meyer emails or that you find on Fredmeyer.com, Fred Meyer on Facebook and Fred Meyer or Twitter.
- "Free" item Internet coupons can be accepted only if all purchase criteria is met such as product, size and other coupon requirements.
- Only two Internet coupons per manufacturer, per customer, per day will be accepted.
- Internet coupons that display the following characteristics will not be accepted:
- Out of proportion
- Do not scan properly
- Appear altered in any way
Shoppers with a Fred Meyer account can download digital coupons directly to their Fred Meyer Rewards card. Just scan your card during checkout and applicable coupons will be deducted. The digital coupons can be found on the Fred Meyers website. The coupon policy was updated in October 2011.
Note: Coupon policies may change without notice. Please visit the Fred Meyer website for more information.