The Party Industry Begins Thinking about Halloween Long Before Labor Day...
No question about it - Halloween has become such a big business, it's ... well ... scary! Halloween is now a $6-billion business and no one knows this better than iParty, New England's largest party retailer and multi-channel supplier, with its iparty.com website, and 35 stores throughout New England and Florida. And it's time for iParty to unveil this year's hottest costumes for ghouls and boys of all ages.
Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2003
according to iParty:
1. The Wiggles - Greg (Yellow), Murray (Red), Jeff (Purple) and Anthony (Blue) make up this extremely popular children's singing group from Australia, as seen on the Disney Channel. The characters they have created (Dorothy the Dinosaur, Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus and Captain Feathersword the friendly Pirate) are just as popular. Kids are crazy for them!
2. Superheroes: Hulk, Spiderman, Power Rangers
3. Cat in the Hat - The movie is coming out later this year with Mike Myers and already kids are clamoring for the costume.
4. Divas: Bratz and popstars
5. Scream - This one never goes away!
6. SpongeBob and Patrick Star, SpongeBob's neighbor and best friend 7. The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy, Glinda the Good Witch and the Scarecrow 8. Austin Powers - Plenty of accessories to match!
10. Flappers - Costumes based on the Academy Award winning movie "Chicago"
-- Perennial top sellers: Witches, Cheerleaders, Pirates, Ghouls and Ninjas
"Simply put, Halloween is our Christmas," says iParty CEO Sal Perisano. "The month of October accounts for 20% of our business. Between the black and orange balloons, accessories like fangs and nails, our range of wigs from beehive to Barbie, the plastic pumpkins and of course the costumes for adults, kids and, yes ... for pets ... Halloween is huge business for those of us in the party industry. Let's face it ... people love a reason to party and we're delighted to accommodate them!"